Project 52 - Macro

16 Sept 2011

The theme for this week's Beautiful Beasties project 52 was Macro. I LOVE macro photography and especially of pets! Funnily enough in my second year of university I did a project where I photographed my pets but using my little point and shoot on macro setting, my teacher really loved the photos and this is when I started to think about photographing pets more, a year later Bark This Way was born!

I like very extreme close ups that aren't always flattering (you will see what I mean when you scroll down)

This week I chose Pneuma our Doberman as the model. Pneuma has an ongoing skin problem so that is why her fur looks a little sparse in places. You can read all about Pneuma's story here, it's worth a read, this girl has had a tough time before she came to us!
I love Pneuma's huge nose and squishy rubbery lips,(we are always smooshing them) so that is what I focused on! I don't have a macro lens so I got as close as my camera would allow.

Please head over to the Steph Skardal Photography blog to see how Steph got on with this week's theme. Keep clicking through the links until you end up back here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive