Baking for Dogs!!

24 Jan 2012

For the last few months I have been a bit addicted to baking - biscuits, cupcakes, cake pops, cookies you name it, I've baked it! The obsession began as we were nearing the festive season and I spent my entire Christmas eve evening baking lovely creations (and listening to the Michael Buble Christmas album).

Baking is fun, eating your home-made masterpieces is even more fun! but I'll tell you what isn't fun, piling on the pounds! So because of this I've been a little more sensible lately and have only baked for special occasions such as birthday parties etc.

For Christmas a friend bought us this book...
and I thought perfect! I can still enjoy baking but the dogs get to eat the home-made delights!!

Today I decided to give one of the recipes a go, now I'll admit some of the recipes are a little strange and a few of them contain a few weird ingredients. Our dogs are fed a RAW or BARF diet which consists of just bones and raw meat so we want their treats to have as much meat in as they can. I decided to make "Toby's Tuna Triangles" as the dogs don't usually eat alot of fish (and they looked easy to make!)

The recipe was easy to follow and the biscuits came out really well, here is the finished product!...

They came out pretty well! I don't think the mutts will complain!
Uni waiting to sample the delights!
and Inca!
and Boris!
"Please can we have some more!?"

The dogs seemed to like the biscuits and baking for the dogs was fun! If you would like to buy the book that I got the recipe from you can get it from Amazon.

Who knows, Baking for Dogs might become a monthly feature on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive